Send and Execute Your Own Code in Space
Are you a high school or university student interested in space?
Here’s a great opportunity for you to participate in our latest initiative. Read on below!
The National Space Science Agency, in collaboration with Orbital Space is excited to announce the “Code in Space” initiative for the first time in Bahrain.
Orbital Space vision is to make Low Earth Orbits (LEO) accessible to all by facilitating space missions and engagement activities in support of space research and education.
For the first time, students from around the world can send and execute their own code in space (Low Earth Orbit).
Students may submit proposals, and the selected submissions will be uploaded to a nanosatellite orbiting the Earth. The code will be executed by the satellite’s onboard computer and will be tested under real space environment conditions. The code executions test results will be transmitted back to Earth via a satellite ground station.
Register here now by 18th March 2021.
- Increase awareness about current opportunities and challenges in the satellite industry
- Encourage solutions to current challenges faced by the satellite industry
- Encourage and empower students to design and develop new concepts that could contribute to the advancement of satellite technology
- Increase awareness about new space (space 2.0) revolution and its potential impact on humanity
- Satellite Communications
- Satellite Operating System (Flight Software)
- Ground Stations & Ground Operations
- Scientific Investigations (based on onboard sensors readings such as temperature, magnetic field, acceleration, and light)
- Games and Apps. using Satellite Signals or Data
- Participation can be individual, or team based and should include a mentor (teacher/ university faculty member or scientist affiliated with a school or academic/ research institution)
- Enroll in Spaceport Platform. For team based participation, each member of the team should create his/her own profile.
- Join “Space Challenge: Orbital Space Edition” by using the code: 7c17a2c4
- Complete educational units to earn a minimum of 20 points
- Come up with a solution for current challenge or limitation in the satellite industry or new concept that could be of value to satellite technology or a smartphone app or even an exciting game.
- We will start accepting proposals from January 2021. Submit your proposal electronically to this email.